In Flight In Flight In Flight

Monday, August 12, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Coasters

My daughters painted these awesome coasters for our latest party and I want to share with you how easy it is.

 
 

 The coasters which we found at Michael's are already regular chalkboard coasters but didn't quite went with the colors at our party. They painted them using Martha Stewart Crafts' Multi-Surface chalkboard acrylic paint in green.
 

 
 Their idea was for me to use as labels for the dessert table. Genious!
 
 
 I got a little creative with the labels making cute designs to coordinate the disney theme.
 

The chalk marker is from Paper Source and it's not permanent. It erases just as regular chalk.



 How fun would these be for a cheese and wine party!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Cute coasters! Question about the Chalk Markers-do they come off pretty easily? I tried them once and it stained the chalk surface I used permanently! Just curious what brand you are using, what method to remove, etc. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay! The markers do come out pretty good with a dry cloth!

      Delete